Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Write it down!

When I write down my goals, my dreams, I am writing them into existence.  I am believing by faith that they will come to pass.

God spoke in Habbakuk, telling him to write down his vision on tablets, so it may be read.  God is telling us to write down our goals, our dreams, our prayers and petitions.  Make them concrete as in stone.  This way it is out of our minds and onto paper, making them more tangible.  Writing provides a channel for our thoughts and desires.  Writing brings our thoughts and desires from the mental realm into the physical realm and helps to provide clarity.  What we may wish or hope for may not seem such a good idea when we get it onto paper.  

I love seeing what God was saying in the Old Testament.  I am so guilty of not reading the Old Testament and I miss out on so much.  Through my own study this morning, I was taken to Habbukuk and see these words from God that, although spoken thousands of years ago, are so relevant today.  God wants our thoughts, if in His will, to become reality.  If you have a dream, write it down.  Create on paper a map of how to attain it, and then you have begun the process of bringing it to fruition.

Isaiah 55:8  "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways..."

I fully believe that if our hopes, dreams, prayers are in line with God's will for our lives, then He will bring them to completion.  But I also believe God expects some action on our part and that starts with taking it from the mental realm into the physical realm.  WRITE IT DOWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment