Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Around the Bend


Don't you wish you could see the future?  Don't you wish God would pull back the curtain and let you know what is going to happen next?  

God already knows what is going to happen next in our lives.  He is going before us, making our crooked paths straight....lining up the people, the opportunities, the circumstances that we need to straighten our paths and propel us toward our destiny in Him.  Do you trust Him? Do you have Faith in Him to do what He says He will do?  

I have journaled for years.  I write down my struggles, my prayers, what God has shown me in my quiet times for him.  One day I sat down and grabbed a journal, randomly, and started reading.  Its funny, because I was thinking "Who wrote this?? She is so sad."  "She is soo worked up over this situation!"  " Wow what a struggle"  "How stupid could she be!!!"  and then further in the journal I see hope "God took care of that guy!"  "God provided when I didn't see a way"  "God sure is amazing - I can't believe that happened!"

We are on crooked paths and so we can't see around the next bend.   All we see is what is in front of us and wonder how are we going to get through.  God isn't calling us to just get through, he's calling us to trust Him and know that He will be there when we get around the bend.  If we just keep moving forward, sometimes blindly, and trust God is ahead of us making preparations for us, we will get around that struggle, that financial difficulty, that sickness, that divorce, that breakup, that argument, that job interview, and we will see what God has in store for us. 

So, trust Him and keep your eyes on the road before you.  You are not alone on it.  God is going before you, preparing your way.  He will never leave you nor will he forsake you.  You are His precious child and you will get around the bend!

No comments:

Post a Comment