Monday, November 11, 2013

God is faithful to completion

God will finish what he started.

He wouldn't have whispered that dream in your heart if He didn't already have plans to bring it to pass.   2 or 3 years ago I attended a Bible study at my church.  I remember a question was raised in the study that has never left my mind: "What is your dream job? What is the one thing you would love to do if you could?"

I went home that night, pondered it, thought and prayed and in my mind I found all I could think about was ministry.  What kind of ministry? I had no clue.  I know that I have a heart for women's ministry and I immediately thought how cool it would be to work for an organization such as Women of Faith.  Being able to travel and touch women's lives, to be surrounded by Godly women and to be able to encourage others.  But, that seemed impossible to me.  Who am I? What could I offer that would be worthy enough of women's ministry?  As a single mom I knew that now was not the time for me to even consider moving to seek my dream job.  I have two kids to raise and consider, so I put that dream on the back shelf of my mind.  But, I did find a local women's ministry to pour myself into.  I learned what it was like to work behind the scenes and bring a Women's conference to completion.  After three years of serving on that ministry, I found my hearts desire was still not being met.  I don't think God wants me behind the scenes.  I believe He has a story he wants told by and thru me.  So, I stepped away and began seeking avenues to bring my dream to fruition.  God has begun to open doors, and ignite a passion and fire in me that I never thought I would have.  When He first gave me this dream, I said it was impossible.  But, I kept believing that by Faith, everything is possible with the Lord.  Especially if He is guiding me to it.

God wants to bring our dreams to pass. He wants to give us the desires of our hearts.  He wants us to be celebrated.  Remember Rachel in the book of Genesis.  She and her sister married Jacob.  Rachel had a desire to be a mother.  Year after year her dream did not come to pass.  Leah bore child after child.  Rachel became discouraged and didn't believe she would ever have children.  Years of frustration and she gave up on her dream.  But, Gen 30:22 says "God remembered Rachel...".  Even though she became discouraged and gave up, God did not forget the promise He made to her.  Maybe you feel like this.  You feel you have waited and waited and that dream in your heart has never come to pass, so you gave up on it.  But know this - God remembers.  He has destined you and I to fulfill our destinies.  He will make it come to pass.  Thankfully, God has the final say, not us.   He says in Philippians, what I started in your life, I will complete.  God will complete our incompletions.  We haven't made too many mistakes, we haven't missed too many opportunities.  Get your passion back for what your hearts desire is and know that God is a God of completion.  Don't settle for good enough.  YES is in your future.  Its in mine!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment