Monday, November 18, 2013

Consider this




Jeremiah 29:11 is a verse that I shared with my high school girls yesterday at Bible study.  We are starting a study that will cause us to start to see ourselves through Gods eyes instead of our own.  I asked them if they had ever considered this verse. One had - Jaden.  Her brother was adopted from Ethiopia and his name is Jeremiah.  This is his life verse.  God has plans for Jeremiah.  But let us not forget he has plans for us too.  I think that we sometimes forget that not only are the orphans and the least of these are Gods, but so are we.

We can become so consumed and wrapped up in our circumstances that we forget to CONSIDER God. We focus on the problems or issues in front of us and they become bigger and bigger the more we think on them.  But, consider this:  My God is bigger than any problem.  He formed the universe.  He placed the stars in the sky and knows each one by name.  Is that obstacle you are facing bigger than My God?  God states in His word He has plans for us - so if you believe God is who He says He is, that He is Faithful to do what He says He will do, why then do you worry?  Why then do you consider your circumstances?  Instead Consider God!  Thank Him for working. Thank Him for the answer that's on its way.  Thank Him for being in complete control.  I am a firm believer that what we confess with our tongue will be what we believe in our heart.  If we confess there is no way out, that we will never get well, or we will never get out of debt- then we are stuck in bondage to what we speak.  If we confess that we are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus, that our God is bigger than our sickness, bigger than our financial mess, bigger than the job we go to every day - then God will honor our FAITH in Him and will be faithful to bring to us the promises He made in His word.  

For most of my adult life I have said I am living my mothers life.  My mom is a Godly woman and she is my hero, so please don't take that as a bad thing.  But, my mom was a single mom from the time I was 5 until I was 24.  She struggled financially, she struggled to put food on the table and to provide basic needs for my brother and I.  At the age of 31 I became a single mother of two children.  While I have much more than my mother did - an education and a decent job, I was still a single mother of two struggling to make it financially.  For years I have confessed "I'm living my mothers life".  Its been a mirror image almost.  A few weeks ago God spoke into my heart and told me to quit confessing my mothers life.  My mother has always wanted more for me than what she had.  She has always had FAITH in me and believed I could be more than I believed I could be.  But, I didn't believe it.  I saw my circumstances and the parallels of our lives and believed that was all I would have.  So, I confess with my lips that I am NOT living my mothers life.  God has plans for me and until I quit living the life my mother lived and open myself up to embrace what God has for ME, I will never move forward.  God has plans for me - plans to prosper me.  Plans for my future.  But, I was unable to receive those plans and walk in them because I didn't CONSIDER God.  I considered my circumstances. 

God has plans for us - but he can't reveal those plans and bring them to fruition if we continue to consider our circumstances instead of considering Him.  So, whatever it is you face today, speak life into your words!  Confess with your mouth and believe with your heart that God is who He says He is and walk in that truth.  God is faithful to fulfill His plans for us but we need to be open to believing and receiving what He wants to give us.  So, today, CONSIDER GOD   

No comments:

Post a Comment