Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Faith without works

James 2:20 "You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?"  God wants us to walk in our faith.  He wants action on our part to show that we believe in Faith He is who he says he is and he will do what he says he will do.  God wants us to show others our faith.  How do we do that?? A great expression of our Faith is Love.  Love the Lord with all our hearts and loving others is an expression of faith.  The way we talk is an expression of our faith.  The way we live is an expression of our faith.  The way we give is an expression of our faith.  The way we treat people is an expression of our faith. Everything we DO is communicating what we believe to the world around us.

Many of you know I have dealt with a difficult person the last few months.  How he speaks to me and those around me shows what he believes.  But how I respond shows what I believe.  Yes, I was angry at first.  I was frustrated.  I did everything I could do legally to deal with this person.  But, finally, God spoke to me and said "I can handle this if you will just have Faith in me.  Trust that this issue is not too big for me".  So, I changed the way I spoke.  I changed the way I prayed.  I changed my thoughts.  No longer was I defeated, but I spoke truth!! God's truth.  God is bigger than anything we face but if we talk and live defeated lives, we are expressing to God we don't have FAITH in Him.  This is faith without works.  

I started praying over that issue - DAILY.  Out loud and expressed to God that I did BELIEVE He could handle it.  I expressed to God daily that I expected Him to handle it and I expressed to God that He would get all the glory when the answer came.  Yesterday, an answer came and I give Him glory.  But, I'm not done believing!! I believe God will still vindicate me further than He has already.  I believe that He has more in store for me. So, today, I walk, talk, pray and think God's truth.  I will continue to uplift Him and walk in Faith that He isn't done yet!!

Remember - Faith without works is dead.  James 2:26  Real Faith is belief in action!  

Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith is is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnest seek Him".  AMEN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment