Thursday, October 24, 2013

I wrote this August 9, 2011 in my morning prayer time.  It seems appropriate today as I begin my new journey:
 
Is 41:10 " so do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"  What is courage?  It is going on even when you don't know everything.  Simply trusting God to lead you in the right direction one step at a time.  It is confidence in God's guidance and rest in His spirit.  Deut 31:6 "Be strong and courageous, Do not be terrified, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you".  Amen!  An old testament promise that stands true this very moment.  No matter what I'm waiting for, I must wait with courage - knowledge that God knows the end result and will bring it to fruition in His time.  While I wait, all I need to do is trust him and continue to grow closer to him.

Wow - Joshua 1 God tells his people in verse 6 "Be Strong and courageous".  vs 7 "Be strong and VERY courageous". vs 8 "DO not let the Book of the law depart from your mouth, meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it.  Then you will be prosperous and successful"  vs. 9 "have I not commanded you?  Be Strong and courageous.  DO NOT be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go".  WOW! Its right there - God telling you and me more than once to be strong and courageous. What is courage again? Trust in God and His plan - His leading.  He is saying "read my word, live my word and you will be prosperous and successful".  God doesn't promise millions, but he promises us success - success in a job we are doing, success in our relationships, success in our service to Him.  Prosperous meaning we won't fail if we follow His word - our needs will be met and our deeds when done in service to Him will multiply.  God is Faithful!!!  He will give us what He promises - He's just telling us to be strong and courageous. 

Thank you Lord for your word today.  I stand on the promises given in Deut. and Joshua.  You will never leave me nor forsake me.  I trust you to guide me and direct me and while I wait for the desires of my heart, I will continue to seek you and serve you wholeheartedly.  You are an awesome God and worthy to be praised!  I praise you today for your many blessings and word you have given.  In Jesus Name I pray - Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment