Friday, October 25, 2013

Relevant

Do you think the Bible is relevant today? Do you believe that God can work miracles like he did in Biblical times, or is the Bible a collection of stories to amuse and amaze us at how God worked "back then"?

If you treat the Bible like a story book for amusement purposes, then you are putting God in a box.  You are saying "I believe you did it then, but in this day and age, we have to create our own miracles".  "God, you were awesome then, but you are too busy now with bigger problems than mine to work a miracle for me".  Have you felt this way? Said these things or even pushed prayer aside because you figure God has more on his plate than whats going on with you??  Take God out of that imaginary box you put Him in!!!  He is the same yesterday, today and forever!  God wants to work miracles in your life - in my life - Hes just waiting for us to BELIEVE He can and will.  

As I start this new journey of writing, following God's command on my life, I doubted Him. I doubted myself.  I'm not a writer.  I'm a mom, I'm a nobody from a small town Indiana.  What I do doesn't define me.  WHO I am defines me!  I am the daughter of the King of Kings.  God can take what little I have a MULTIPLY it.  That's a MIRACLE!  Do I believe he can move mountains, open doors, create a way where I see no way? YES.  My God is THE God from Biblical times and He is the God of today.  I'm not putting Him in a box any longer.  I believe God can and will work miracles in my life because I come to Him boldly, asking and believing what His word says.  

Is the Bible relevant today? ABSOLUTELY!!!  Read it, memorize it, study it....and LIVE IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment