Monday, October 28, 2013

Extreme Faith

Do you have a dream?  A desire in your heart that you want to fulfill?  A need that seems impossible to meet? 

I have a dream - to minister to women and to share my story.  There is so much about my past that only a few people know.  Its a testimony of struggles, hurts, pain, suffering. But its also a testimony of God's great unfailing faithfulness and power!  Little by little I will share my story, but what I want you to know today is that we need to have extreme faith.  I look back on memories in my childhood and realize that when I was 12 and was suffering from 2 broken wrists and a broken, mangled ankle, I had extreme faith.  I trusted that God would restore healing to me.  That He would raise me up and make me whole again.  And He did.  I still believe to this day for more healing of that ankle.  Do I stop running because of it? Do I stop when the pain is there and it hurts to walk let alone run? No.  Why? Because I believe if I stay in the game, if I continue to trust and believe, if I have that same extreme faith that I had when I was 12, God will continue the healing process he started back 30 years ago.  

Do I believe that God can meet all my needs, according to His riches and glory?  YES!  Why?  Because I am the daughter of the Most High God.  I am His child and He will supply.   Do I want to be stuck in a rut, accepting where I am as the way it will always be, or am I willing to stretch my faith and believe for more??  I want to have the childlike faith I had when I was younger.  I believed with all that was in me that God would provide for our needs, that He would heal all our diseases.  Today I proclaim with my mouth and believe with my heart that the God I serve today is the same as the God of yesterday.  I saw with my own eyes, I lived it.  Yet, as I got older I let the doubts and struggles of this world cloud me.  God is saying to me and you today that if we just believe, if we just TRUST Him and confess with our mouths that he is Lord of Lords, He will open the floodgates of heaven and rain down on us more than we could ever imagine.  We have not because we ask not.  And when we ask we need to BELIEVE that we can have all we ask for (provided its in God's will for our lives).  Seeking a new job?  Believing for a child?  Praying to find your mate?  Ask and it shall be given to you, seek and you will find.  Mt 7:7-8  “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Remember, claim Gods word.  Believe He will do what He said.  Walk in it daily. Don't mumble and complain but rise up and proclaim the promises of God.  He will come thru - if we just believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment