Thursday, March 27, 2014

God's NOT Dead


DO you believe that?? If you were put in a position where you kept your job if you denounced that God is living, what would you do?  If you were told your family would die unless you said God is dead, what would you say? What if you were told you would fail unless you went along with everyone else and claimed God is not alive, would you crumble under the pressure?

Tough questions and for a Christian who loves the Lord and is committed to Him, it should be an easy answer. But, is it?  What would you do?

A teenage girl huddles under a cafeteria table in Columbine High School.  A gun is pointed at her face.  Do you believe in Jesus? she is asked.  Yes, she replies.  Bang, she's dead.  She knew, in that moment, her life was on the line and yet she refused to refute the living, breathing God of all creation.  Would you be so brave?  

I saw "God's Not Dead" last night with my son and a theater FULL of people.  At one point Josh, the student defending that God is alive, asked the professor "Do you hate God?"..."DO YOU HATE GOD???"  The professing Atheist professor says "YES, I hate God!!  He's taken everything from me!"...How can you hate God if He doesn't exist?  BAM!  I started clapping!  Everyone else started clapping!  Amen!!  

God is alive!  Without Him we have no morality, no moral compass for how we should live our lives.  Without Him, everything is permissable.  Without Him we have NO HOPE.  I can't imagine living my life aimlessly wandering, thinking I've got it all figured out, with no direction and no guidance.  I give my life to God - because God is alive.  I believe it because of FAITH.  Not because I can prove it with fact.  I live by Faith, and not by sight.  

I wanna live with abandon.  Give Him all that I am.  Every part of my heart Jesus, I place in your hands!  I wanna live with abandon. 

Have you heard that song?  What great lyrics.  But, do we really?  Do we give Him every part of our hearts?  Are we willing to die for His honor?  Are you willing to stand up for the God who created you? Do you believe He did?  Look at what He did for us - he sent His only son to die on the cross for us...if you were the only person left on the earth, He still would have died on that cross for you.  If you don't know Him today, what's holding you back?  He gave His all to a world full of sinners.  We didn't deserve the sacrifice He made and many today dismiss that sacrifice too easily.  We live our lives with abandon - yes - but to our own whims and sinful nature. We live in sexual sin, lying, stealing, cheating, cursing, etc. and say "Oh well, all I have to do is ask God to forgive me, He'll understand.  I'm only human.  I'm gonna make mistakes".  Quit justifying your sinful nature and live your life with abandon for HIM!  I wanna live my life for Him.  How about you?  Do you believe Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God?  Believe on Him and be saved - and then live your life in a way others KNOW without a doubt that you believe!!!  Is that too much to ask? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment