Friday, March 14, 2014

Trees and Birds


Jesus died on a tree.  We are compared to a sparrow in God's word.  His eye is on us.

Have you ever considered the trees?  How glorious and majestic they truly are?  Trees are mentioned throughout the Bible.  The Lord appeared to Abraham by the terebinth trees of Mamre.  Deborah sat under a tree to dispense wisdom.  Zacchaeus shimmied up a tree and went out on a limb to see Jesus.  Most importantly, Jesus died on a tree to save us from our sins.

Birds live in trees and wake us on warm spring mornings singing their praise.  The wind whispers through the trees and kisses my face with its gentle touch.  Gods touch - music to my ears.

I miss my porch mornings.  Spring can't get here fast enough.  I need to feel the warmth on my body, the breeze on my face, hear the song in my heart.  What is my favorite tree?  I love trees that provide shade on a hot sunny day, a place of respite from the suns blazing heat.  I love sitting in its cool shade with a friend, sipping on a cold drink and reminiscing about days gone by.  I love laying on a blanket underneath its canopy, looking up thru the branches as the clouds pass by.  What a glorious world our savior has created.


In that beautiful canopy above sits the birds of the air, perched on its branches, singing hymns to me as I close my eyes and marvel at God's majesty.  What an awesome designer God is.   The bird sings in the tree that would one day hold the savior as he died for our sins.  Do you see the beauty in that? 
They rejoice in singing as do we when we meditate on what Jesus did for us on that tree.

This spring, as the trees burst forth in new life, as the birds wake us up with their hymns, look at the world around you and see what God has done for you.  One day all of creation will sing his praises.  Do you want to hear it?  See the tree and remember the sacrifice made for you.  Hear the birds singing and know that we are all made new again because of that sacrifice.  Open your eyes and ears to the glory around you.  What awesome gifts God has given that we seemingly take for granted. 

Trees and birds.  What do they mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment