Sunday, November 6, 2016

Cherish the Moments...

I had a very vivid dream last night.  My grandparents on my moms side are both passed away.  In my dream they walked into my office while I was working.  At the moment I was surprised but not too stunned to see them.  They came to visit.  As I tried to get away to spend time with them it seemed the busier I got.  I was anxious to leave, but people kept coming in and wanting help and asking me questions - they were distracting me from being with the 2 people I most wanted to be with.

As I was finally able to leave, they walked ahead of me out the door, across the street, into a crowd.  I tried to keep up.  Its as if they knew where they were going and they trusted I would follow.  I turned a corned and end they were gone. I panicked.  I asked a lady if she had seen them.

      "They are old and I can't find them!  They were just here!" 

I ran around frantically trying to locate them, but I couldn't.  They were gone.  I was devastated.


I woke up thinking about this and God showed me that is very much what happens in our lives.  We get busy, we get distracted, and the people who are most precious to us move ahead and in a moment, everything changes.  They become sick and die.  They age before our eyes and we take them for granted, and then they are gone.  And we stand around and say "They were just here!".

I wish we could all just appreciate who we have in our lives RIGHT NOW....I am not guaranteed tomorrow and neither are you.  In a moment, everything could change.  

In my dream I went back to my office.  I was upset and crying.  More people had come and the office was packed full of people wanting help and no one was helping them.  I had multiple secretaries around me and no one was doing anything!!  I was anxious and started crying.  I missed my Grandparents and I was brokenhearted that I had lost them.  I turned and saw a dear friend from high school walk in the door and straight to me.  He wanted to know why I was crying.  I quickly wiped my tears and said "I can't talk now, I have to help all of these people.  Can you wait for a bit?"

He said he couldn't wait and so I lost that moment with him.  He had to leave.  He was gone.  

Again, God showed me that sometimes we are given JUST A MOMENT to connect with someone.  That connection is Him, reaching out to us thru others that He uses.  His hands and feet.  I lost that moment because I was too busy.  In a moment, everything changes. 


 I know my grandparents knew how much I loved them, because I showed them and told them often.  My friend probably doesn't know how much I love him because I have failed to tell him.  How many people in your life have you taken for granted, trusting that you have time to say how much you care?  We are all one moment away from a debilitating disease, from an accident that can take us from this earth.  Anything can happen in just a moment.  

So, why don't we make a point starting today to let those we care about and love know how much we love them?  Why don't we make that phone call, send that text, have that cup of coffee?  Is what is keeping you so busy, or the anger you hold keeping you from smiling at them and forgiving them, the disappointment you hold because of something they said or did - is it greater than letting it go and loving them today?  

We aren't promised tomorrow.  

Everything can change in a moment.

What are you going to do with your moments today?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment