Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Gratitude or Ingratitude?


Adam and Eve had it ALL!

The Ultimate Garden.

Ecological Harmony.

Spiritual Peace

Relational Purity.

Satan suggested there could be more.  And with that thought came discontent.

I can have more?  

Had they chosen gratitude, would the world be different today?  If you chose gratitude, would your world be different today?

In this season of GIVING, I am more aware of the discontent of so many people.  What they have isn't good enough - they need more, bigger, better, faster, shinier.  Made me think about how often I say "Thank You" to God.

Thank you for a home I can afford - no matter its size.

Thank you that I have a job - even if its not my choice of jobs.

Thank you for a car to drive - instead of having to use public transportation or walk.

Thank you for healthy children - as I see others with children struggling with disease.

Thank you for running water, heat, and food in my refrigerator.  I could be homeless and hungry.

So, I decided to make a spontaneous list of my ABC's of Gratitude.  A few of them were hard to come up with, but as I finished my list, I found I started thinking of things I could have said - realizing then I have more to be thankful for than I can even think of!!!  I challenge you to write your own ABC's of Gratitude.  It will open your eyes to how THANKFUL and Gracious you should be.

A - Apples that I can eat that are juicy, sweet and good for me
B - Boys - my two sons - the loves of my life
C - Cowan my kitty - He is full of life and his purrs soothe me
D - Dog Sandy - She's been a faithful friend for over 13 years
E - Excitement over the wonder of Christmas
F - Friendships - they bless me more than I can say
G - Grace - freely given
H - Hope - In Christ I have hope
I - Interruptions - they cause me to stop, and sometimes helps me to see whats in front of me
J - Jesus - enough said!
K - Kisses - the small chocolate ones!!!
L - Laughter - its the best medicine
M - Mom - she is my rock, my biggest supporter, my hero
N - Naps - as I get older, I appreciate them more 
O - Oh's - "Oh, that's awesome!", "Oh, your baby is adorable".  They enhance life!
P - Puddles - lets splash in some!
Q - Quizzes - they help us to see what we know and what we have yet to learn
R - Rain - it washes away the dirt, it makes the flowers grow, its a sign of life
S - Sleep - can't get enough of it these days
T - Talks with friends
U - Universe - what a vast and wonderful thing created by our God
V - Victory over death
W - Walks thru the woods
X - X-rays, xylophone, and anything else that starts with X!
Y - Youth - its fleeting - embrace it
Z - Zippers - they keep the cold out and the warmth in

Its a quick list - took me about 10 minutes to write. 

I challenge you to write yours today.

Today, choose Gratitude over Ingratitude because:

No comments:

Post a Comment