Wednesday, January 25, 2017

His love is Fierce


Ocean Waves - 

    Powerful;

    Forceful;

    Strong;

    Crashing;

    Roaring;
   
    Fierce;

How can something with so much power offer so much peace and tranquility to our souls?  Its amazing to me that God, in all His power and greatness, can be so loving and soothing to us when we need comfort.  

He created the vastness of the ocean - the depth and the width - and when I sit on the shore and look out, it reminds me of His love and His forgiveness.  He loves with an everlasting love - a love that is deep and wide and vast and never ending. 

I love the beach.  I'm drawn to the smell of the salty air and the breeze that washes over me like a cleansing shower.  I love the soothing sound of the waves as they crash against the shore.  I long for Gods love as it does the same - soothes and crashes into me - a force that is so strong it knocks me to my knees, yet loves me softly with a peace that passes all understanding.

Jeremiah 31:3  "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness"

35 times the psalmist tells us in the book of Psalms that "...His love endures forever".  I think he wanted us to know this fact - that Gods love is everlasting.  It is wide and deep and it crashes into us like a tidal wave.  It is fierce.

Jesus Culture has a song out called "Fierce".  The words of the chorus are:

Like a tidal wave
Crashing over me
Rushing in to meet me here
Your love is fierce
Like a hurricane
That I can't escape
Tearing through the atmosphere
Your love is fierce

This reminds us how powerful Gods love is for us.  No matter our circumstances or what we face today, know that His love is powerful, forceful, FIERCE.  When you feel you aren't loved, remember that the one who created the heavens and the oceans loves you FIERCELY.  Let His love crash into you today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment