Friday, September 30, 2016

Wounded or Mended


Matthew West has a song on the radio called "Mended".

I've listened to that song multiple times...then one day I LISTENED to the words.

Then I wrote the words down in my journal.  I realized that the song is sang from God's perspective.  It was HIM singing to me about what I see versus what He sees.

How many times have we sinned and then thought God couldn't possibly love us anymore?
How many times has bad things happened in your life and you wonder if God is even there?
How many times have you thought NOTHING good can come of this?

We all go thru hard times in life.  Sometimes those trials are short but sometimes they can go on for months or years.  In the midst of them we can't see the good that can come from them, the way our lives and our hearts are being changed.  We only see how broken we feel.  But, as the picture above depicts, God holds our broken hearts in His hand and begins the process of repair as we begin to seek Him.

Parent lose children - broken
Divorce happens - broken
Job loss - broken
Damaged Relationship - broken
Homeless - broken
Missed Opportunity - broken 
Shattered dream - broken

None of us are immune to being disappointed and broken in life.  That is what sin has done.  The sins of our fathers, our sin.  We feel we are unworthy of Gods love because of what we've done.  We feel worthless, undeserving of God's love - but that is where mercy comes in.

Jesus died a thiefs death on a cross meant for us.  Let that sink in.  This perfect sinless man died a horrific death so that we can live.  Yet we live as if we are unworthy.  He took what we deserve and mercy flowed over us.  When you make a mistake, when you heart is broken from loss, sickness, disappointment and pain, look up and see what He did - hanging on the cross for you.

When you see broken beyond repair
I see healing beyond belief
when you see too far gone
I see one step away from home
you see nothing but damaged good
I see something good in the making
I'M NOT FINISHED YET
when you see wounded, I see mended....

I'm attaching the song so you can hear it - READ the words and let them sink in.  I can't listen without tears filling my eyes.  Hear JESUS singing this song to you - listen to the words as they come from the Father's lips to your ears and heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment