Friday, September 30, 2016

Waiting Room

Whats on my mind?
 
 Well, its been in MY plans to sell my house and move...we are often told "If you want to change your life, its up to you...", or something along those lines. But, its isn't up to me. God orders our steps and what I WANT and what He wants for me may be 2 totally different things.

I had my house up for sale for a year...yes, 12 whole months. And not one offer. Showings yes, but there was always something they didn't like. I love my house. I just don't love the location of this city. I don't love my job, I don't love being here without family close by....why then is God keeping me here? Its not for me to question Him. What I need to do is TRUST Him.

I TRUST that God has a perfect plan for my life. I TRUST that He has greater things in store for me than my mind can conceive. What I thought would be good for me may not be. I'm still going to try to sell my house - its too much for me to maintain while working 2 jobs. But, when that house sells is in Gods timing. When he allows me to do something different than I'm doing is in God's timing.

So, what do I do now?
 
I wait.
 
Patiently. 
 
Expectantly. 
 
With bated breathe.
 
Hopeful for whats to come.
 
Excited to see what God is up to.

Do you live your life this way?  Or do you live disappointed and discouraged thinking God has forgotten you?  Do you live wishing for more?  Maybe what you have is all God knows you can handle right now.   

One thing I do know is this - God loves me with an everlasting love.  Nothing I do today will make him love me less than He loves me right now.  He wants to bless my life and give me good things.  He wants to give me the desires of my heart. But, what if the waiting is meant to get the right desires into my heart?  

What do you do while waiting on God?  Do you question Him?  Do you try to go over his head and make things happen on your own?  Or do you take this time of waiting to know Him better?  To spend time with Him and know His heart?  I know I am trying to use this time to know Him better.  To Trust Him more.  If we always got what we wanted, we wouldn't need Him so much would we?

Wait.  Trust.  Know that He is good.  

Tell me, what are you waiting for?  To know Him more is my greatest desire.


No comments:

Post a Comment