Thursday, June 23, 2016

HOPE


Hope...the confident expectation in the unseen future or the happy expectation of good.

Do I have hope?  Do you?  Be honest...I will.

What do I hope for?

Hope for a better day...

Hope for a better job...

Hope for a Godly relationship...

Hope for financial freedom...

Hope for  a healthier, fitter body...

Hope for restored relationships with loved ones...

Hope that my family will all come to know Jesus...

What do you hope for?  Do you think you can obtain all of those things on your own or do you trust in the one who can provide all your needs?

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

God already knows what the outcome will be for all the things you HOPE for.  He can see the WHOLE picture...but he only gives us just enough to light our next step.  Why?  Because if we saw it all, the good and the bad, it would cripple us!!  Many of us don't know what is coming, but we know what we've been through.  If you knew in advance some of the things you've had to go through, how do you think you would have felt?  I think I would have been anxious and fearful and in constant state of worry.  God gives us just enough grace for TODAY.  This walk of faith is a DAILY walk, a marathon that will take us through our lives.

Have you ever ran a marathon?  I have.  I trained for months to be able to cover 26.2 miles.  Day in and day out I ran my own race.  I put in the work, and on the day of the race, I was able to finish.  Our faith walk is the same.  Day in and day out we need to do the work.  Read Gods word, spend time with him, pray, worship, commune, share what we are learning with others.  That is how we become stronger in him.  I became a stronger runner with each step I took.  We become stronger Christians with each step we take with Christ.


Gods word promises us in Isaiah 40:31 that will soar on wings like eagles, we will run and not grow weary, we will walk and not be faint.

How will that happen?  By growing strong in the Lord.  By having Hope that through His word we will find strength to endure whatever is around the corner.  Hope that we can endure TODAY.

Do you have hope?  If not, it may be because you aren't tapping into the well of hope that is Christ Jesus.  Don't know Him?  Contact me and I'll be happy to tell you all the good things the Father can do!!  He loves you with an everlasting love.  Tap into that well!!!  Drink deeply.  His living water will give you strength to go the distance!!


No comments:

Post a Comment