Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Curled up in His Arms


I woke up this morning before my alarm with a song in my heart...a prayer.  As I sat down to begin my bible study I was overwhelmed by God's presence.  So overwhelmed that I sat with eyes closed and began to silently cry.  I kept my eyes closed because I could see Him.  

Years ago I had a dream.  A very vivid dream.  I was laying in a room, dressed in white.  In the corner of the room was Jesus.  He was patiently sitting there, waiting.  I remember asking him to just wait, because I wanted to see my brother first.  Jesus was waiting for me to come home.  (I still get emotional writing this).  I remember after a time my brother Mike appeared, knelt beside me and told me it was ok.  He loved me.  And then I was curled up in my Saviors lap, like a little girl.  He was patient and let me see my my brother before he ushered me into his arms. 

I sit here with tears streaming down my face.  I will never forget that dream.  It was SO vivid.  He was so BRIGHT.  And so loving.  

When I get overwhelmed sometimes with all that is going on in my life, he reminds me of that dream.  That He is patiently waiting for me to come and curl up in his lap.  That happened to me this morning.  I closed my eyes and curled up into the loving arms of my Daddy.  He leaned down and kissed the top of my head and told me "everything is going to work out.  Just trust me".

A common theme for me recently is to be Thankful.  No matter my circumstances.  Be Thankful.

Habakkuk 3:17-18 is a verse where Habakkuk makes the greatest declaration in all of scripture:

 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!

Habakkuk is saying that no matter the circumstances before him, He will trust in the Lord.  God brought me to that verse a few days ago.  This morning in my Jesus Lives Devotional, the title of today's Devotional was Thankfulness.   "A thankful attitude opens window of Heaven through which spiritual blessings fall freely". An attitude of thankfulness brings joy not only to the Father, but to us.  It shifts our mindset and sets us free from the bondage of worry and fear.

I grew up fearing God.  Fearing if I did something wrong he would punish me.  God is ushering me into a new season.  I will be an empty-nester.  I am trying to sell my home.  I'm re-evaluating my professional life.  And I'm finding myself - as Stacie - a woman - not as just a Mom.  Its a lot to process and it has created many emotions.  But today, the emotion I will cling to is 
THANKFULNESS.   

Today I will curl up in the arms of my Daddy and let Him wrap his arms around me and hear him whisper "Its going to be ok".  




No comments:

Post a Comment