Thursday, May 7, 2015

Looking for Love


So many people are looking for love...

looking for someone to fill the empty hole in their heart.  To make them feel loved.  I was thinking about this during my "porch" time this morning and this old country song by Johnny Lee popped in my head.  I uploaded the song with lyrics so you can see what he's saying.  

One line stood out to me  "You came knocking on my hearts door, you're everything I've been looking for"

Jesus says "Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  If ANYONE hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in..." Rev 3:20

Jesus IS LOVE.   He is the only person who can fill that void in your life.  That empty hole.   But so many people go from relationship to relationship hoping to find that love that will take away the emptiness, the pain, the loneliness, the fear.  The only true that will take away the hurt and pain is the love of Jesus.

I have been single for 13 years. Yes, I've dated in those years, but for one reason or another the relationships ended.  The only relationship that has stood the test of time is my relationship with Jesus.  He has always been there even when I turned my back on him.  He has never left me and he has always loved me.  I am who I am now because of His love.

As I sat and prayed for a few friends who are struggling right now with this issue of love, another song played in my head.  Chris Tomlin's Our God.  I pulled it up on my phone and sat and worshiped.  

Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
Our God is higher than any other
Our God is healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God! 
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
Then what can stand against?


No man or woman on this earth can love us more than Jesus loves us.  No one is greater than Him and he is standing at the door knocking.  All you have to do is ask him in, and he says He will come.   Its the easiest love to get, and it doesn't cost you anything.  He doesn't care what we look like, where we've been, what we've done.  

Today, if you are looking for love, look to Jesus.  His love is FREELY given.  And He will never take it away.  I am who I am today because of the love of Jesus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment