Monday, March 23, 2015

Chasing God


Psalm 23:6 (msg)  "Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life"

Wow!!  That verse in that version stood out to me today. 

We all know Psalm 23 - The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want...in a way it has become the go to Christian verse quoted when someone is going through a hard time, is experiencing difficult circumstances and we don't know what else to say.  We even pray it ourselves. 

But, reading it in a new context, in a different version of the Bible, it shows me how much God CHASES after ME!

Yes - he chases me.  What an awesome feeling.  He has made a way for me of soft bedding and abundant resources - he feeds me and gives me living water "You find me quiet pools to drink from".  He is at my side, guiding and directing my steps, even when the way seems dark.

When I start to stray, he gently pulls me back with is Shepherd's crook.  When my head hangs in shame or in sadness, he lifts me up and fills my cup with overflowing blessings.

And He chases me.  He longs to be with me.  Spend time with me. Speak to me. Shelter me.

As a single woman, I've found that my eyes get downcast when I feel no one here sees me.  I have prayed for and longed for a Godly man to want to chase me.  For a man who longs to spend time with me.  Who will want to shelter me.  But, today - today God showed me I have that and have had it all along. 

I have the Prince of Peace, the Alpha and Omega, Mighty God, Lord of Everything, The Great I am chasing me, protecting me and loving me every minute of every day.  What more could I want??  Psalm 23:1 says "I dont' need a thing".

Taking time to sit down and re-read a verse with new eyes has given me new hope.  Hope that God knows what He's doing and while I wait, He is sheltering me, protecting me, and leading me. 

Feeling pretty blessed today!! And abundantly loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment