Wednesday, February 11, 2015

PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS



Its about 6 weeks into the new year.  How are those New Years Resolutions coming?  Have you failed at them already?  or have you stuck to it so far?

Why do we make resolutions?  Its because we are in the pursuit of happiness.

If I could just lose 50 pounds, then I would be happy.

If I could get a new job, then I would be happy.

If I could find my soul mate, then I would be happy.

If I had more money,  then I would be happy.

All of those things are circumstantial.  All If...then statements usually are.  But, do we have to live our lives waiting for our circumstances to change so we can be happy?  Or can we be happy IN SPITE of our circumstances?

Tying our security and happiness to our circumstances sets us up for failure, but tying our security, joy and identity to God's love for us is an anchor we can cling to no matter what our circumstances say.

God says in His word:

Stacie is a forgiven child of God (Rom 3:24)
Stacie is a set free child of God (Rom 8:1-2)
Stacie is an accepted child of God (1 Cor 1:2)
Stacie is a Holy Child of God (1 Cor 1:30
Stacie is a made new child of God (2 Cor 5:17)

Stacie is a loved child of God (Eph 1:4)
Stacie is a close child of God (Eph 2:13)
Stacie is a confident child of God (Eph 3:12)
Stacie is a victorious child of God (Rom 8:37)

Insert your name where mine is.  Read God's word and see what He says about you.  I have yet to find in the Bible anywhere where God says my worth, acceptance, joy or happiness is based on my circumstances, but rather WHO I am in God.  That should give you great cause to worship today!

We have only one life to live.  Its not a dress rehearsal.  We don't get do-overs.  What are you doing with the life you have been given?  Are you living it waiting for something to happen to make you happy?  Are you stuck waiting for your circumstances to change?  

I didn't make a new years resolution this year.  Why?  Because I'm living happy today based on who God says I am in His word.  That is enough to make me happy.  Do I want things to change? Sure.  But, my happiness isn't based on whether those things change or not.  Whether I lose 50 pounds, get a new job, find my soul mate or get out of debt won't determine my happiness.  I am happy because I am the daughter of the most high King.  I am happy because God says I am love, set free, accepted, victorious!


No comments:

Post a Comment