Monday, January 12, 2015

Is it really a BLESSING?

Something has been on my mind lately.  I've pondered it and hashed it out with my mom.  I have gotten upset by it and it even angered me a few times.

What is it you ask?

Bear with me - I may say something that you don't like.  I may go to a place that makes you uncomfortable or I may be speaking something that you feel is truth.

When people who don't live a Godly life say that God is blessing them, I get bunched up inside.

When people who outwardly sin - and live their life going against what God has spoken as truth in His word, yet they claim that God is blessing them or how BLESSED their life is, it burns me up.

God doesn't bless sin.  He just doesn't.  I think many people tend to forget there is another father - the father of lies.  Satan allows good things to come from your sin to keep you SINNING!

God calls us to repentance.  To live righteously.  To live a life free from sin.  Is it possible to follow God's word and BODLY do what He says not to do and then claim He is blessing you?

James 1:23 says "Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like".

God has told us how to live our lives.   Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate.  For wide is the the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it".

So, if you are co-habitating with your boyfriend or girlfriend, you are doing what many do - and broad is the road that leads to destruction.  If you are being dishonest on your taxes, or cheating your boss, or gossiping about others and spreading lies, you are on a road that leads to destruction.  Satan will make all those things look glamorous, justified, fun and they feel good.  But NARROW is the road that leads to life.

What road do you want to be on?  I want to walk the narrow road.  How do I do that in my life?  I don't co-habitate.  I won't have sex before marriage. Have I before? Yes.  Shamefully I admit that I have not always done things the way God commands.  But, conviction and repentance have changed my heart.  I want to follow God's commands for my life.  Maybe that's why I'm still single - because I do things differently than the world does it.  I know I am considered "WEIRD"...most men would probably call me a prude.  But, God's best for me is out there and he will want to walk the narrow road with me.  Narrow is the way.

I walk the narrow road because I choose to watch what I say about people.  Do I stumble? Yes, but God always convicts me and humbles me.  I've had attitude adjustments recently that have opened my eyes and changed how I view things and how I handle things.  Narrow is the way.

Do you want to live as God calls you to live and be different or do you want to continue doing things your way, and following the father of lies?  Satan makes sin enticing so that you STAY IN SIN!  Sin is fun, it feels good, but its not the way of the Lord.

I'm sorry if this post bothers some people.  Its not my intent.  But, when a blatant, in your face sinner says they are blessed by God, when God's people are walking a narrow road, I want to say to them "Who says its God blessing you?  God doesn't reward sin - but Satan does.  He allows you to feel blessed to keep you in sin" 

John 8:44 "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your fathers desire...When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies"

Its not my intent to make anyone mad by this post.  If you feel uncomfortable or angry reading it, maybe God is convicting your heart to seek out the sin in your life.   We are called to live differently than the world.   We are to be set apart.  They will know us by our actions. 

2 Cor 5:10 "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad".  This verse refers to what we have done with out lives as Christians.   We will stand before God and have to answer for what we did after we knew it was wrong.  We will answer for what we did as Christians, good or bad.  That verse is enough to keep me on the narrow road.  I don't' want to stand before God and answer for why I continued to blatantly sin after knowing what I should do.  Will that make me stand out to the world?  YES.  And that will be my BEST YES.  Doing what I know I should do in the face of temptation.  Is it hard? Absolutely?  Will I fail? Yes.  But, God calls us to STRIVE for perfection - knowing we will never attain it.  

What can you to do today to get on the narrow path?  What is God calling you to give up or step away from?  If you don't know, then seek Him.  Ask him and be willing to listen.  All have sinned and fall short - but we are still called to walk the narrow road.

No comments:

Post a Comment