Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Someday



You've said it - 
  
    Someday:
I'm gonna find what I'm looking for
I'm gonna get married
I'm gonna go on a mission trip
I'm gonna have that new car
I'm gonna have a bigger house

Do we ever say TODAY I want to live?  Today I will tell someone I love them.  Today I will spend more time with my family instead of working extra hours for that new thing.  Today I will find satisfaction in my life by serving God more.  

Its become a time in our world where we hear daily of tragedies, killings, accidents and death of loved ones.  This weekend a young girl lost her life because she chose to drive in a car with someone who was impaired.  I'm sure she never said "someday I want to make a choice that will end my life".  No one wakes up and says "Today I'm going to die".  We all live for someday.

BUT, what if we lived for today? Don't spend today looking at tomorrow.  What if we looked at each day for what it is - a gift from God?  We spend so much time thinking about tomorrow or even weeks or years down the road that we forget to appreciate what God has given us today.

Someday is TODAY!  Jesus is what we are looking for.  Jesus is here TODAY.   We spend so much of our life talking about someday - but God is here today!  He is our someday - We don't have to wait for Sunday to pray, to read our Bible. We don't' have to wait for Easter to celebrate His resurrection.  We don't' have to wait till Passover Sunday to celebrate - Jesus is our passover lamb, Jesus is here today.  Jesus is EVERYTHING we need him to be - TODAY!

Today is the day the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it!!!

Jesus is our savior.  He is right here with us today.  Everyday is God's day, not just Sunday.  We don't have wait to live for Him.  We don't' have to wait for Sunday to change.  Living for God isn't like a diet that we start on Monday - someday I will lose weight - because that someday may not come.  We aren't promised someday - we are BLESSED with today.  Meet with Him today - be passionate about Him and humanity TODAY. 

What are you waiting for????

No comments:

Post a Comment