Friday, May 23, 2014

Lukewarm


 uFor the last month or so, I've been:

    * Disconnected
    * Distant
    * Uninspired
    * Self-centered
    *  Empty
    *  Lukewarm

This life became about me and its not supposed to be about me.  I got bogged down in my "stuff" and took my eyes off of Jesus.  I tried to fix things on my own, make things happen when they weren't ready to happen, and basically tried to take control of my life.  Well, confession time my friends - It didn't work!!


Isaiah 29:13 "these people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me"

Are you lukewarm?

I think God would describe a lukewarm Christian as such:
  "They are not close to me at all.  They talk the God talk, but their hearts and their actions are not anywhere near me"

Wow - how does that hit home?  I think, unfortunately, we are "Normal" Christians.  We aren't much different than those who aren't Christians.  We spend our time and money like normal people do.  We behave like normal people do.  We have the same problems in our marriages and with our kids that normal people do.  We claim to believe in God, but we don't' want to go overboard with this whole "religion" thing.  We don't want to STAND OUT.

Revelation 3:16, God says to the church of Laodicea "Because you are neither hot nor cold, but lukewarm, I am about to spit you out of my mouth!"

Look at your life - are you lukewarm?  God sent HIS ONLY SON to die for us so we could truly live, and yet we simply "squeeze" Jesus into our schedule every now and then thinking it will satisfy Him.   How can we call Christ our Lord and yet live as though He doesn't exist?  In America we don't have to be radical about our faith.  We aren't threatened with death if we believe.  It's almost difficult to serve him genuinely when our lives are so easy!  Identifying ourselves as Christians won't cost us our life here.  There is no sacrifice.  Many of us are lukewarm and we don't' even know it - or worse yet - we know it and DON'T CARE!

There is hope though - Revelation 3:19-22 "Behold I stand at the door and knock..."

God wants in.  All the way in.  He desperately want us to KNOW Him.  If you really KNEW God, you wouldn't be lukewarm.  

Do you want to be foolish enough to sell out to this world, when it won't last?  It's time to get Hot...time to get on fire for the one who gave the greatest sacrifice of all for us.  Doesn't He deserve more from us than what we are giving Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment