Thursday, May 29, 2014

Having the Mind of Christ

Is my mind filled with the things of God? or do I have a carnal, worldly mind?

One of the greatest purposes of the Holy Spirit is to transform me into the likeness of Christ.  2 Cor 3:18 "As the spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him" 

The more I look TO the Lord, the more I will become LIKE Him.  What I think about God determines how my soul is affected by Him.  Those who have a lowly concept of God show no fruit in their lives, yet those who hold a highly exalted and reverential view of God are fruitful.  The greater my idea of God, the deeper my walk with Him will be.  God knows everything about me - where I am, my future.  He thinks about me all the time.  

Does God think about me more than I think about Him? - OUCH

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God"  Be transformed - to completely change form.  The more I invite God into my life, the more I walk with Him, the more my thought life is changed.  Transformation is ongoing, it doesn't stop.  I ask you - has yours stopped?  Mine has - I admit it.  And I write this to confess that I allowed my transformation to stop.  No longer. 

Ephesians 4:22-24 We must live in distinct CONTRAST to the culture around us.  Have I let the world conform me to its ways, or have I transformed to God's way?  Am I spiritually minded or carnally minded?  Rom 8:5-6  Our carnal mind will always be at odds with God.  Every day I must make a decision to turn away from evil and the flesh and seek to be directed by the Holy Spirit.  If we live in the flesh, we CAN NOT please God!  Sin can make our mind clouded and distracted so that is is unclear or confused.  When we make an effort to fill our mind with the things of Christ, our mind will be cleansed.

Lord, I pray you will renew and transform my mind. Cleanse me of all unrighteousness and show me anything in my mind that is not of you.  Help me to bring every though captive in obedience to you (2 Cor 10:5) Teach me to dwell on things that are pure, noble, right, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy (Phil 4:8)  Help me to refuse any thoughts to the contrary.  Lord renew my mind and strengthen my spirit.  Guide me in the way I should go, light my path and me into your Holy presence.  I long to know you more and to love you with a love that endures forever.  Lead me not into temptation and deliver me from evil.  May your peach, which is beyond all understanding, guard my heart and mind thru Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:7)

In Jesus Name I pray - Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment