Sunday, February 9, 2014

Experience



This weekend I was given the opportunity to spend quality time with a woman I hold in high esteem.  A role model.  A woman of faith.  I had my mind challenged and my creative side was explored.  I learned that inside of me is a story - a very unique story.  My story.  Only I can tell it.  Only I can describe it.  Only I have lived it.

At one point in the day I was told to take my camera and walk through her house.  I was given cart blanche to her home and was instructed to take 3 pictures of anything in her home that spoke to me. 
I roamed around and tried to really focus on what I was looking at.  I saw a photo on her wall of her two grandsons, so I snapped a picture of them.  I saw an inviting porch swing and a comforting warm fireplace and hearth.  I was then asked to write about one of the three pictures.  How it fit into my life, how it spoke to me.  I chose the two boys.  Below I will share what I wrote this weekend - 

2 Boys

2 boys.  My world.  My life.  The first one came - much anticipated.  I wanted a baby.  Someone who would love me unconditionally. Someone who wouldn't abandon me.  I prayed for a son - blonde hair and blue eyes.  The day came and he arrived.  My joy.  My heart. I would never be the same.   The more he grew the more I saw God gave me what I asked for.  Blonde hair, bright blue eyes that sparkled when he smiled.  A disposition like no other.  How could I ever love another child as much as I love my first one?, I thought the day I learned I was having another baby.  There isn't room in my heart for another.  Kaden has taken it all.  But the day came when Kelland was born.  Surprise, my heart grew!  There was room for another. My boys.  The joy of my life.  I lived a life alone.  Abandoned, defeated.  Now I had purpose.  I had love.  I have meaning.  I was their mom.  They have grown to be fine young me.  Leaders on their team, in their school, in their youth room.  They have learned a lot from me, but they have taught me so much more.
They have taught me unconditional love.  They have taught me protection.  They have taught me sacrifice.  And they have taught me that my once hardened heart does feel.  My 2 boys.   My life.  My love.

I learned this weekend how to look at the world through a different lens.  To see things in a different light.  To open my heart to feeling and my eyes to seeing the world around me.  Everything I touch and see and smell is a part of my journey.  My story.  My life.  Only I have lived it and only I can tell it...and I want to share it so God can use it for his glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment