Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New year



As I sat and watched everyone wish Happy New year last night, it hit me that every year we wish the same things....to make it the best year, to do more, be more, love more, serve more...and then as the year winds down, we can't wait for the year to end so we can start all over again with the same resolutions.  Is it because we feel we failed the previous year and want a do over?  Or is it because we stayed committed and can't wait to continue the work God is doing through us? 

I know we all go through experiences each year and at that magical moment of Midnight - that moment between old and new - we have a glimmer of hope.  Hope that we can get it right this time.  Hope that what plagued us in the old won't follow us into the new.  What really strikes me at that moment is I have a choice to make.  I hold the key to what the blank page of my future says.



My decisions, my actions or in-actions, my tenacity or my wavering.  So much of what happens this new year can be in my control.  What can I do to love people more?  Serve people more?  Most importantly, what can I do to exalt God higher than I did last year?  Isn't' that why we are here? To love in His name, serve in His name, and lift Him higher?

This new year I want it to be more about Him and less about me.  I want to live each moment of each day as if its the last chance I get to let someone see Jesus in me.  I strive to continue to seek His will for my life and endeavor to pursue the calling He has on my life.  So this year I don't want to make a resolution, I want to embrace opportunities as they come to me and make the most of them. 

So, as your new year kicks off, what opportunity can you embrace today?  How can you magnify God today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment